Rashmika Jadav, Archana Reddy, Jeenath Justin Doss K.
Ms. Rashmika Jadav, Mrs. Archana Reddy, Dr. Jeenath Justin Doss K.
Shri Anand Institute of Nursing, Opp. Ghanteshwar Park, B/H Shainik Society, Jamnagar Road, Rajkot-360006.
Volume - 11,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2021
Evaluate the effectiveness of planned teaching programme on the knowledge regarding prevention of silicosis and its complication among workers in selected industries at Rajkot. The objective of the study was (a) to assess the pre-test knowledge level on prevention of Silicosis and its complications. (b) To evaluate the effectiveness of planned teaching programme on prevention of Silicosis and its complications. (c) To find out the association between post-test knowledge scores of workers with their selected demographic variables. The research approach selected for the study was quantitative research one group pre-test post-test design. The study conducted at selected industry at Rajkot. Total 50 samples selected from industry setting based on non probability purposive sampling. The researcher used structured questionnaire for data collection regarding demographic variables and pre-test. As a part of my intervention planned teaching programme on prevention of silicosis and its complication was carried out among workers working in the industry setting the past-test score was measured with the same questionnaire after 7 days. The collected data were analyzed by using inferential statistical method. T-test was used to evaluate the effectiveness of planned teaching programme on the knowledge regarding prevention of silicosis and its complication among industrial workers. It revealed the mean score of pre-test was 9.96 and post-test was 20.9. The mean difference was 10.94. The obtain t-value 26.17. hence it was highly significant p<0.001 level hence their findings of the study revealed that the planned teaching programme was effective in improving knowledge regarding prevention of silicosis and its complication among industrial workers.
Cite this article:
Rashmika Jadav, Archana Reddy, Jeenath Justin Doss K.. Evaluate the Effectiveness of Planned Teaching programme on the Knowledge regarding prevention of Silicosis and its complications among workers in selected Industries at Rajkot. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2021; 11(1):56-58. doi: 10.5958/2349-2996.2021.00014.8
1. Article related to Silicosis. 2014. Available from: http://www.en.wikipedia.org
2. Article related to complications of Silicosis and their prevention. 2011Available from: http:// www.en.wikipedia.org.
3. Article related to Air sampling and prevention of Silicosis. 2011 Available from: http:// www.en.wikipedia.org
4. S. P. Yadav. Silica induced occupational disorders. Journal of occupational health. Available from: http://www.en.wikipedia.org
5. Bela Shah. Involvement of lung and lung function tests in stone quarry workers. Indian journal of Tuberculosis 2011 Available from: http:// www.ncbi.nlm.gov/pubmed.com.