Introduction: The first AIDS case was diagnosed in the southern city of Chennai in 1986. It is a sexually transmitted disease caused by human immunodeficiency virus; AIDS breaks down the body’s immune system exposing the individual to numerous life-threating infections, neurological disorder and malignancies. Objective: To assess the knowledge regarding AIDS among truck drivers, to associate the knowledge with their selected demographic variables. H1: there will be a significant association between the mean knowledge scores of truck drivers with selected demographic variable. Design: Non-experimental one group pre-test design. Participation: 100 people were selected Tool: Structured knowledge Questionnaires used to assess the level of knowledge regarding AIDS among truck drivers. Results: Results are found that Pre-test Knowledge score: -12.08 and Standard deviation: -18.9. Conclusion: Truck Driver had increase knowledge of AIDS.
Cite this article:
Mahendra Singh Parmar. A Study to Assess the Knowledge regarding AIDS among Truck Drivers plying on Mehsana-Palanpur Highway. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2021; 11(2):279-281. doi: 10.5958/2349-2996.2021.00066.5
Mahendra Singh Parmar. A Study to Assess the Knowledge regarding AIDS among Truck Drivers plying on Mehsana-Palanpur Highway. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2021; 11(2):279-281. doi: 10.5958/2349-2996.2021.00066.5 Available on: https://ajner.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-11-2-26
1. Sensitive issues”, Health Millions.
2. Chaterjee C, Baur B, Ram R, Dan A “ A study on awareness of AIDS among school students and teachers of higher secondary schools in North Calcuta”, Indian J Public Health.
3. Terry PE, Mholvi M, Masvure T, Adlis S “An examination of knowledge, attitudes and practices related to AIDS prevention in Zimbabwian university students: comparing intervention program participants and non-participants.
4. Piero Borgia and others “ Is peer education the best approach for HIV prevention in schools? Finding from a randomized controlled trail” journal of adolescent Health Volume 46.
5. Basavanthappa BT. “Community Health Nursing”, 2nded. New Delhi, Jaypee Brothers Medical publishers Pvt. Ltd; 2008.
6. Basavanthappa BT. “Nursing Research” 2nd ed. India: Jaypee Brothers Pvt. Ltd; 2003.
7. Black JM ,Hawks J. “Medical Surgical Nursing”8th ed. New Delhi:Elsevier India Pvt. Ltd; 2009
8. Faye AG,Lavinme E, “Better patient care through nursing research” New York: The Macmillan Company:1979
9. Park K. “Preventive And Social Medicine” 19th ed. Jabalpur : Bhanot Publishers:2007.
10. Bhalla ,H. Chandwani ,etc. all "Knowledge about HIV/AIDS among senior secondary school students in Jamnagar.Gujarat.” 2005
11. Gupta P. Anjum F. Bhardwaj P, Shrivastav J P , Zaidi ZH. Knowledge about HIV/AIDS among secondary school students North Am J Med Sci 2013; 5(2):119-23