L Anand, Shruti Shirke
Email ID Not Available
Mr. L Anand1, Shruti Shirke2
1Associate Professor, Dept. of Nursing, AIIMS, Bhubaneswar.
2M.Sc Nursing, Neuroscience, AIIMS, Bhubaneswar.
Volume - 11,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2021
This case study presents a descriptive scenario and disease progress in patient with cerebral venous sinus thrombosis, the key objectives of this case study is to highlight the disease process, problem faced by patient with CVST and nursing care for the patient suffering with CVST, through literature review was done to present epidemiology of disease, rationally explain each symptoms. study further explains the anatomy and physiology in relation with pathophysiology and sign and symptoms, also describes proposed algorithm for the management of CVST, given by ASA. This case study recommends comprehensive and rational based care to the patient with cerebral venous sinus thrombosis, early detection, considering family history and educating people regarding simple measures of prevention like keeping our-self hydrated, periodic health checkups. Etc.
Cite this article:
L Anand, Shruti Shirke. Cerebral Venous Thrombosis – A Case Study. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2021; 11(2):201-204. doi: 10.5958/2349-2996.2021.00048.3
L Anand, Shruti Shirke. Cerebral Venous Thrombosis – A Case Study. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2021; 11(2):201-204. doi: 10.5958/2349-2996.2021.00048.3 Available on: https://ajner.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-11-2-8
1. Mokri B. The Monro-Kellie hypothesis: applications in CSF volume depletion. Neurology. 2001; 56(12): 1746-1748. doi:10.1212/wnl.56.12.1746
2. Miranda B, Ferro JM, Canhão P, Stam J, Bousser MG, Barinagarrementeria F, Scoditti U; ISCVT Investigators. Venous thromboembolic events after cerebral vein thrombosis.Stroke. 2010; 41: 1901–1906.LinkGoogle Scholar
3. Moll S. Sinus and cerebral vein thrombosis. Clot Connect. 2013. http://patientblog.clotconnect.org/2011/02/07/sinus-and-cerebral-vein-thrombosis/. Accessed July 23, 2014.Google Scholar
4. Role of Dexamethasone in Meningitis - Scientific Figure on ResearchGate. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Monro-Kellie-hypothesis-in-case-of-increase-intracranial-pressure-and-hydrocephalus_fig2_224831155 [accessed 17 Sep, 2020]
5. Yamamoto A, Hattammaru Y, Uezono S. Spontaneous intracranial hypotension associated with cerebral venous thrombosis detected by a sudden seizure: a case report. JA Clin Rep. 2020;6(1):59. Published 2020 Aug 4. doi:10.1186/s40981-020-00362-3
6. Perry A, Graffeo CS, Brinjikji W, Copeland WR, Rabinstein AA, Link MJ. Spontaneous occult intracranial hypotension precipitating life-threatening cerebral venous thrombosis: case report. J Neurosurg Spine. 2018; 28(6): 669-678. doi:10.3171/2017.10.SPINE17806
7. Taksande A, Meshram R, Yadav P, Lohakare A. Rare presentation of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis in a child. J Pediatr Neurosci [serial online] 2017 [cited 2020 Sep 17];12: 389-92. Available from: http://www.pediatricneurosciences.com/text.asp?2017/12/4/389/227966
8. Beer-Furlan A, de Almeida CC, Noleto G, Paiva W, Ferreira AA, Teixeira MJ. Dural sinus and internal jugular vein thrombosis complicating a blunt head injury in a pediatric patient. Childs Nerv Syst 2013; 29: 1231-4.
9. Einhäupl KM, Villringer A, Meister W, Mehraein S, Garner C, Pellkofer M, et al. Heparin treatment in sinus venous thrombosis. Lancet 1991; 338: 597-600.
10. Ries S, Steinke W, Neff KW. Echocontrast-enhanced transcranial color-coded sonography for the diagnosis of transverse sinus venous thrombosis. Stroke 1997; 28: 696-700