First aid is the first and immediate assistance given to any children with either a minor or serious illness or injury, with care provided to preserve life. The results of study showed that pre-test mean score is 15.65 with 48.9% with standard deviation of 3.862 before the administration of planned teaching programs, the post-test mean score is 25.75 with 80.46%. The comparison of overall knowledge scores on first aid management before and after the planned teaching programs. The mean difference 10.10 with standard deviation 3.549 the t-test value t = 25.452 and is significant. In all aspects the school teachers have improved their knowledge after the administration of planned teaching programs. The difference between pre-test and post-test knowledge score is large it is significant. Statistical significant was calculated using students paired t-test. The association between selected demographic variables significantly associated with the pretest knowledge scores. The association was determined by using Pearson chi square test.
Cite this article:
Bharati Keshavrao Tupe. A Study to Evaluate the Effectiveness of Planned Teaching Programme on Knowledge regarding First Aid Management among Primary School Teachers in selected schools at Bangalore. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2023; 13(3):197-2. doi: 10.52711/2349-2996.2023.00042
Bharati Keshavrao Tupe. A Study to Evaluate the Effectiveness of Planned Teaching Programme on Knowledge regarding First Aid Management among Primary School Teachers in selected schools at Bangalore. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2023; 13(3):197-2. doi: 10.52711/2349-2996.2023.00042 Available on: https://ajner.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-13-3-6
1. Ganguli SK, Adolescent Health. Indian Journal of Public Health. 2003; 47 (3): 5-15.
2. Dhingra R, Kumar A. Knowledge and Practices Related to Menstruation among Tribal Adolescent girls. Ethno-Med. 2009; 3(1): 43-48.
3. Lowdermilk, Perry, Bobak. Maternity and Women’s Health care. 6th ed. London: Mosby; 1997.
4. Sharma J. Victor S, Chaudhary P, Sheikh M. A. Pre-Experimental Study to assess the effectiveness of structured teaching program on knowledge regarding first aid management among teachers in selected schools. Journal of emerging Technologies and Innovative Research. 2022; 9(4): 216-222.
5. Parul Dutta. Pediatric Nursing. I edition, Jay Pee Publishers, New Delhi 2007,30-31
6. K. Park. Text Book of Preventive and Social Medicine. 21th Edition. Bhanot Publications, Jabalpur. 2005, 425, 426.
7. Rehana Qauser, Umer Ramzan, Sufora Yaseen. A pre- experimental study to evaluate the effectiveness of planned teaching programme on first aid management of selected emergencies among adolescents in selected schools of district ganderbal. International Journal of Creative Research Thoughts. 2022; 10(5): 581-590.
8. Gupta L. C. Manual of First Aid. 1st ed. New Delhi: Jypee Publisher; 2004. p. 110-6.
9. Gulani K. K. Community Health Nursing Principles and Practices. 1st ed. New Delhi: Jypee Publisher; 2005. p. 285-444.
10. Basvanthappa B. T. Community Health Nursing. 2nd ed. New Delhi: Jypee Publisher; 2009. p. 536-7.
11. Wilson C. C. First aid cabinet of a school nurse, her standing orders for first aid, and her school nursing procedure. Am J Public Health Nations Health. 1930; 20:147-54