Parimala. K. Samuel, Grace Rupa
Prof. Dr. Parimala. K. Samuel1, Grace Rupa2
1Principal, Chitra College of Nursing, Pandalam, Pathanthitta District, 689501.
2Lecturer, Chitra College of Nursing, Pandalam, Pathanthitta District, 689501.
Volume - 7,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2017
• To assess the level of subjective wellbeing among teaching faculty with subjective wellbeing scale.
• To correlate level of job satisfaction with level of subjective wellbeing among teaching faculty.
• To determine association between level of job satisfaction and selected demographic variables.
• To determine association between level of subjective wellbeing and selected demographic variables.
• Job Satisfaction: Job satisfaction is a pleasurable or positive emotional state resulting from the appraisal of one’s job or experience like working environment, nature of work, pay scale, promotion, supervision, fringe benefits, contingent rewards, colleagues and communication.
• Teaching Faculty: The individuals with graduate degree (basic or post basic) in nursing who teaches students in nursing colleges.
• Subjective Wellbeing: Subjective wellbeing in this study is individual’s safety and protection and absence of stress related illness
Research Design and Methodology: Research design is overall plan of obtaining answers to the questions being studied and for handling some difficulties encountered during the research process. This present study attempts to assess the level of job satisfaction and level of subjective wellbeing of teaching faculty employed in selected nursing colleges. Hence in view of nature of the problem and to accomplish the objectives of the study, a descriptive research design was adopted. Results: The description of results is the eternity of a research project, which enables the researcher to reduce, summarize, organize, evaluate, interpret and communicate numerical information. The term analysis refers to the computation of certain measures along with searching patterns of relationship that exist among data groups. In order to achieve the research results the collected data must be processed and analyzed in some orderly coherent fashion so that patterns and relationships can be discerned. Conclusion: The data gathered were analyzed using descriptive and inferential statistics. Frequencies and percentages were used to analyze the sample characteristics. Chi square test was used to analyze the association between demographic variables with level of job satisfaction and level of subjective wellbeing. Karl Pearson correlation was used to analyze correlation between level of job satisfaction and level of subjective wellbeing of teaching faculty of selected colleges of nursing.
Cite this article:
Parimala. K. Samuel, Grace Rupa. A Study to Assess Level of Job Satisfaction and Subjective Wellbeing of Teaching Faculty Employed in Selected Colleges of Nursing at Pandalam, Pathanamthitta District, Kerala. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research.2017; 7(2): 222-224. doi: 10.5958/2349-2996.2017.00045.3