Shaiji M J, Kritika Pandey, Garima Dariyal, Monika Srivastav, Neha Suyal, Neha Arya, Pooja Vishwas, Priyanka Kandpal, Purnima Mahara, Rashi Bisht, Reshu Sharma
Mrs. Shaiji M J1, Ms. Kritika Pandey2, Ms. Garima Dariyal2, Ms. Monika Srivastav2, Ms. Neha Suyal2, Ms. Neha Arya2, Ms. Pooja Vishwas2, Ms. Priyanka Kandpal2, Ms. Purnima Mahara2, Ms. Rashi Bisht2, Ms. Reshu Sharma2
1Assistant Professor, Droan College of Nursing, Vill and Post, Khanpur Purab Dineshpur Road, Rudrapur-263153, Uttarakhand.
2 Third Year B Sc Nursing Students, Droan College of Nursing, Vill and Post, Khanpur Purab, Dineshpur Road, Rudrapur-263153, Uttarakhand.
Volume - 10,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2020
The present study was conducted to assess knowledge regarding Hiv/Aids among B.Sc nursing 1 year students. Methodology: Quantitative research approach was used in the study and descriptive research study design was selected the tool used for the study was structured questionnaire to assess socio demographic data and structured questionnaire to assess knowledge regarding Hiv/aids. Result: In this study it was shown that majority 83.3% of 1st year student having average knowledge, 10% of students having poor knowledge and 66% students having good knowledge regarding Hiv/Aids. Conclusion: Majority of 1st year B.Sc nursing students having average knowledge regarding Hiv/Aids and there was no significant association between the knowledge and selected demographic variables.
Cite this article:
Shaiji M J, Kritika Pandey, Garima Dariyal, Monika Srivastav, Neha Suyal, Neha Arya, Pooja Vishwas, Priyanka Kandpal, Purnima Mahara, Rashi Bisht, Reshu Sharma. Assess the knowledge regarding HIV/Aids among B.Sc. Nursing 1st year students. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2020; 10(3): 283-285. doi: 10.5958/2349-2996.2020.00059.2
1. Steven J Hoffman, The evolution, etiology and eventualities of the global health security regime, publication 22 August 2010, available from: https://academic.oup.com/heapol/article-pdf/25/6/510/1563463/czq037.pdf
2. CM Fauquet and D Fargette, International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses and the 3,142 unassigned species, Published online 2005 Aug 16, available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1208960/
3. Rejoice, P. R. ,Comprehensive Knowledge Of HIV/AIDS Among Young Married Women In Thiruvaru District, Tamilnadu, India, Vol. 5, Issue, 06, pp.1533-1537, June, 2013, available from:http://www.gmferd.com/journalcra.com/sites/default/files/Download%203525. Pdf
4. Hiv and aids in india, Available from: https://www.avert.org/professionals/hiv-around-world/asia-pacific/india
5. PTI, India has 3rd-highest number of hiv-infected people: un, updated: April 22, 2016, available from: http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/health/india- has-3rdhighest-number-of-hivinfected-people-un/article6220483.