Jeena John, Jency Xavier, Jenisha J B, Jereena Jerome, Sheeja Suresh
Email ID Not Available
Jeena John1, Jency Xavier1, Jenisha J B1, Jereena Jerome1, Sheeja Suresh2
1Fourth Year BSc Nursing Students, Bishop Benziger College of Nursing, Kollam.
2Nursing Tutor, Department of Community Health Nursing, Bishop Benziger College of Nursing, Kollam.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2022
The community project undertook was “A descriptive study to assess the knowledge regarding balanced diet among mothers of pre-schooler in selected areas of kollam”. The objectives of the study were to assess the knowledge of mothers regarding balanced diet, to find the association between knowledge on balanced diet among mothers of pre-schoolers and selected demographic variables, the descriptive research design was adopted for the study. The study was conducted among 100 mothers of preschoolers. In order to assess the knowledge regarding balanced diet among mothers of preschoolers, the study sample was selected by non probability convenient sampling technique. The tool used for data collection consisted of demographic Performa and structured questionnaire. The analysis of the data was based on the objectives of the study using descriptive and inferential statistics. The findings of the present study revealed that there was significant association between knowledge and demographic variable like education of mother and type of family. There is no significant aasociation between age of mother, age of child, gender of children, occupation of mothers, economic status and source of information. Based on the findings the investigator has drawn implications which were of vital concerns in the field of nursing practice, nursing administration, nursing pattern, nursing education for future development.
Cite this article:
Jeena John, Jency Xavier, Jenisha J B, Jereena Jerome, Sheeja Suresh. A Descriptive Study to assess the knowledge regarding Balanced diet among mothers of pre-schooler in selected areas of kollam. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2022; 12(2):215-8. doi: 10.52711/2349-2996.2022.00043
Jeena John, Jency Xavier, Jenisha J B, Jereena Jerome, Sheeja Suresh. A Descriptive Study to assess the knowledge regarding Balanced diet among mothers of pre-schooler in selected areas of kollam. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2022; 12(2):215-8. doi: 10.52711/2349-2996.2022.00043 Available on: https://ajner.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-12-2-12
1. Redding AB, Marlow RD (2005) Text book of pediatric Nursing. (6th edn) New Delhi, India Elsevier, pp. 584-548.
2. Mitra M, Kumar PV, Chakrabarty S, Bharath P (2007) Nutritional Status of Kamar Tribal children in Chhittisgarh. Indian J Peadtr 74(4): 381- 384.
3. Sachdev HPS (1997) Nutrition status of Children and Women in India, Recent Trends. Bulletin of the Nutrition foundation of India 18(3).
4. Sharma S, Nagar S (2006) Impact of Educational Intervention on knowledge of mothers regarding child care and nutrition in Himachal Pradesh. J SocSci 12(2): 139-142.
5. Ray SK, Biswas AB, Kumar S (2000) A study of Dietary Pattern, Household Food Security and Nutritional Profile of Under-five Children of a Community of West Bengal. J Indian Med Assoc 98(9): 517-519.
6. Kumar D, Goel NK, Poonam Sing, Mittal (2006) Influence of infant feeding practices on nutritional status of under five children. Indian J Pediatr 73(5): 417-421.
7. Yadav RJ, Singh P (2007) Factors influencing Nutritional Status of Children in Bihar. New Delhi, India.
8. Potter PA, Perry AG (2005) Fundamentals of Nursing. (6th edn), Mosby, New Delhi, India, p. 91-92.
9. BT Basavanthappa (2005) Nursing research. New Delhi Jaypee Brother, India, p. 113-123
10. Park k (2005) Parks text book of preventive and social medicine. (18th edn), BanarsidasBhanot, Jabalpur, India, pp. 399