Sana Kamei, Achun Rongmei, Ajay Kumar
firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Sana Kamei1, Achun Rongmei2, Ajay Kumar3
1Principal. M.Sc Nursing (Medical Surgical Nursing), Maa Kaushilya School of Nursing, Azamgarh U.P.
2Vice-Principal. M.Sc Nursing (Child Health Nursing), Maa Kaushilya School of Nursing, Azamgarh U.P.
3Guest Lecturer M.Sc. Biotech. D.Phil. Science (Biotech), Maa Kaushilya School of Nursing, Azamgarh U.P.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2022
The aim of the present study was to assess the knowledge of staff nurses regarding first aid management and emergency care of burn among 60 nurses by using quasi experimental design. The tool consist of two parts first was deal with demographic variable and the second was consist of 40 multiple choice questions selected emergencies among burn patients. In pre-test knowledge scores of nurses is 12.76 and standard deviation 1.935. In post test knowledge scores of nurses is mean 27.68 and standard deviation was 3.766. There was statistical improvement seen after planed teaching. Thus the study recommended that different educational session regarding emergency care of burn will be effective to promote the knowledge of nurses regarding.
Cite this article:
Sana Kamei, Achun Rongmei, Ajay Kumar. Effectiveness of Planed Teaching Program on knowledge regarding First Aid Management and emergency care of burn among the staff nurses working in selected hospital in Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh, India. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2022; 12(4):391-4. doi: 10.52711/2349-2996.2022.00082
Sana Kamei, Achun Rongmei, Ajay Kumar. Effectiveness of Planed Teaching Program on knowledge regarding First Aid Management and emergency care of burn among the staff nurses working in selected hospital in Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh, India. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2022; 12(4):391-4. doi: 10.52711/2349-2996.2022.00082 Available on: https://ajner.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-12-4-7
1. Park K. Text book of preventive and social medicine. 24th edition. Jabalpur, Bhanot; 2017:840-856-2.
2. TNAI bulletin. 2017. vol.6 No.9: 143.
4. Glendon AI, McKenna SP, Blaylock SS, Hunt K. Evaluating mass training in cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Br Med J. 1987;294(6581):1182–3.
5. Ashok Kumar, Bindu Maul Jacob, Maninder deep Kaur, Manisha Nagi, Jaspal Kaur. Impact of workshop on emergency care management: Nursing perspectives on the knowledge of nursing staffs. International Journal of Nursing Research.2017.Vol 3 (3), 99-106.
6. Aminoroaia M, Mashhadi M, Maracy MR, Attari A. Efficacy of purposeful educational workshop on nursing care. Journal of education and health promotion. 2014;3.
7. Pasyar N, Gholamzadeh S. Effect of education on nurses‟ knowledge and performance regarding AIDS in emergency departments of hospitals affiliated to Shiraz University of Medical sciences (SUMS) Iran J Nurs Res. 2009;412:1381–90.
8. Simpson. S. et. al showed that the mean post-test level of knowledge is significantly higher than the mean pre-test knowledge score that is 17.6 in pre-test and 24.7 in post-test. Simpson. S, Yadav. R. A Study to assess The Effectiveness of Planned Teaching Programme on Knowledge regarding First Aid Management of chocking among Primary school teacher at selected school at Dehradun. Int. J. of Advances in Nur. Management. 2019; 7(3):271-274.
9. J.C. Frank conducted his study on auto driver and showed that the majority 33 (66%) had adequate knowledge and 17 (34%) had moderately adequate knowledge and 40 (80%) had positive attitude and 10 (20%) had neutral attitude after the post test. J.C. Frank. A Pre Experimental Study to evaluate the effectiveness of planned teaching programme on knowledge and attitude regarding selected first aid management among auto drivers in selected area at Madurai, Tamilnadu 2012. Int. J. Adv. Nur. Management. 2017; 5(2):119-122.
10. Kumar R, A study to evaluate the effectiveness of structured teaching programme on nurses knowledge regarding management of patients with fluid and electrolyte imbalance in Wokhardt hospital, Bangalore, 2009.
11. Sabeghi H, Heydari A, Borhani F. Assessment of the effect of continuing education program on nurse‟s knowledge, attitude and performance about documentation. Evidence Based Care. 2012 Apr 1; 2 (1):75-83.
12. Huang J, Jiang D, Wang X, Liu Y, Fennie K, Burgess J, Williams AB. Changing knowledge, behavior, and practice related to universal precautions among hospital nurses in China. The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing. 2002 Sep 1; 33(5):217-24.
13. Ali A. Al Sudani, Eqbal G. Ali. Effectiveness of an Educational Program on the Nurses Knowledge for Children with Burns Injuries attending Burns Specialist Hospital in Baghdad City. International Journal of scientific and Research Publication. 2017. Vol 7(3) ;514-520.
14. Dadgari A, Kasaeian A, Dadvar L, Kalatejari M, Rezaee M, Mirzaee M. Effects of education on nurses‟ knowledge and skill in drug dosage calculation. Knowl Health. 2012; 7:20–6.
15. Mamishi N, Behroozishad F, Mohagheghi MA, Eftekhar Z, Shahabi Z. The study of nurses‟ knowledge and attitudes regarding cancer pain management. Journal of hayat. 2006 Jun 15;12(2):23-32.
16. Mohammadi GH, Ebrahimian A, Mahmoudi H. Evaluating the knowledge of intensive care unit nursing staffs. Iran J CritNurs. 2009; 2: 31–5.
17. Renuka K. A Study to Assess the Effectiveness of Teaching Programme in Knowledge on Selected Infectious Disease Among Mothers of Under Five Children in Thiruvallur District. Asian J. Nur. Edu. & Research 1(2): April-June 2011; Page 57-59.
18. P. Yasodha, Anju Thomas. Effectiveness of Planned Teaching Programme on First Aid for Emergencies to Primary School Teachers. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research 1(3): July-Sept. 2011; Page 85-86.
19. Sasikala. A, Lizy Sonia. A, Latha Venkatesan, Sasikala. D. Effectiveness of Multimodal Package on First aid Management of Head injury upon the Knowledge and Practice among Traffic Police at selected Traffic zones, Tamilnadu: A True Experimental Study. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2021; 11(2):226-230.
20. Brady D, Hyde A. Certificate-trained staff nurses' perceptions of the changes in nursing education in Ireland from certificate to diploma level. The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing. 2002Sep 1; 33(5):231-7.
21. Arjun Kumawat, Rajesh Kumar Sharma, Muthuvenkatachalam S.. Effectiveness of an Instructional Package on First Aid Management for Professional Drivers on their Competency in providing First Aid to Victims. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research 3(4): Oct.- Dec., 2013; Page 201-206.
22. Preeti Hooda, Navreet Kaur Saini. A Quasi experimental study to assess the effectiveness of information education communication programme on knowledge regarding first aid management of accidents among people residing in selected villages of Panipat. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2020; 10(4):404-408.
23. El Enein NY, El Ghany AS, Zaghloul AA. Knowledge and performance among nurses before and after a training program on patient falls. Open Journal of Nursing. 2012 Dec 19; 2(04):358.
24. Shambhavi, Shanthi S., Vinutha M D’Souza. Effectiveness of Planned Teaching Programme on First Aid Management of selected Emergencies among School Teachers. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research 2(2): April- June 2014; Page 140-143.