Author(s): Amanda Antony, Divya Jose, Jija Rejin Kuriakose, Lismol Thomas, Merin John

Email(s): athul.tintu@gmail.com

DOI: 10.5958/2349-2996.2019.00109.5   

Address: Dr. Sr. Prabha Grace CMC1, Mrs. Athul Tintu Tomy2, Ms. Adhika Benny3, Ms. Amanda Antony3, Ms. Divya Jose3, Ms. Jija Rejin Kuriakose3, Ms. Lismol Thomas3, Ms. Merin John3,
1PhD in Nursing, Vice Principal, Carmel College of Nursing, Nalammile, Erumathala P.O, Aluva, Ernakulam Dist Kerala, India Pin 683112
2MSc Nursing, Asst Professor, Carmel College of Nursing, Nalammile, Erumathala P.O, Aluva, Ernakulam Dist Kerala, India Pin 683112
3Carmel College of Nursing, Nalammile, Erumathala P.O, Aluva, Ernakulam dist Kerala, India Pin 683112
*Corresponding Author

Published In:   Volume - 9,      Issue - 4,     Year - 2019


ABSTRACT:
Purpose: The study aimed to assess the knowledge of adolescence regarding the factors contributing to cancer and prevention. Design and Method: The descriptive study was conducted among 130 samples from selected schools. Non- experimental random sampling technique was used and a structured questionnaire was used to assess the knowledge. The collected data were tabulated and analyzed using descriptive and inferential statistics. Results: 75% of samples were of age between 15 to 17years and 68% responded that they gained knowledge from social media. The findings of the study showed that only 6% of samples had good knowledge, and remaining 94% had an average or poor knowledge which accounted 79% e and 15% respectively. The mean score knowledge was 9.038 there was a significant association of knowledge with gender. Conclusion: The study concluded that majority of samples had an average knowledge about the factors contributing to cancer and prevention of cancer.


Cite this article:
Amanda Antony, Divya Jose, Jija Rejin Kuriakose, Lismol Thomas, Merin John. Knowledge of Adolescents regarding Cancer Prevention and Factors Contributing to Cancer. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2019; 9(4):515-518. doi: 10.5958/2349-2996.2019.00109.5


Recomonded Articles:

Author(s): Nidhin Abraham, Janet Mathias, Sheela Williams

DOI:         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): Mridula Das, Barkha Devi, Ranjita Devi, Sangay Doma Bhutia

DOI:         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): Mahadeva Prasad N.S., Dorothy Deena Theodore

DOI: 10.5958/2349-2996.2016.00028.8         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): S. Shakila, S. Rajasankar, N. Kokilavani

DOI: 10.5958/2349-2996.2015.00062.2         Access: Open Access Read More

Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research (AJNER) is an international, peer-reviewed journal devoted to nursing sciences....... Read more >>>

RNI: Not Available                     
DOI: 10.5958/2349-2996 

Popular Articles


Recent Articles




Tags