Monisha Mohan, Nahomi Clement, Amritha G, Anugraha Achu Reji, Jincy Mary Samji
Email ID Not Available
Monisha Mohan1, Nahomi Clement2, Amritha G3, Anugraha Achu Reji3, Jincy Mary Samji3
1Asst. Professor, Mental Health Nursing, St Thomas College of Nursing, Kattanam.
2Principal, St Thomas College of Nursing, Kattanam.
3III Year B.Sc Nursing Students, St Thomas College of Nursing, Kattanam.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2022
Introduction: Covid-19 is an international public health emergency unprecedented in modern history and it causes several health and psychological problems among general population including high level of anxiety, depression and stress. The study was aimed to assess the psychological problems among young adults due to Covid 19. Research Methodology: A descriptive study was conducted at selected Panchayath of Alappuzha District, with the sample size of 50. Samples were selected through Non probability sampling technique using convenient sampling method. Data’s were collected by structured questionnaire, which comprises socio demographic variables, questions to assess the psychological well-being. Results: The study findings reveals that among 50 samples, majority of the subjects have moderate psychological problems (62%), remaining 38% percentage have mild psychological problems and none were affected severely. Conclusion: The current study findings concluded that there is high prevalence of psychological problems among young adults due to Covid 19 which emphasize the need for the health professionals including nurses to plan for the strategies to help the young adults to cope with the problems effectively.
Cite this article:
Monisha Mohan, Nahomi Clement, Amritha G, Anugraha Achu Reji, Jincy Mary Samji. Psychological Problems among Young Adults Due to Covid-19. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2022; 12(1):124-7. doi: 10.52711/2349-2996.2022.00026
Monisha Mohan, Nahomi Clement, Amritha G, Anugraha Achu Reji, Jincy Mary Samji. Psychological Problems among Young Adults Due to Covid-19. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2022; 12(1):124-7. doi: 10.52711/2349-2996.2022.00026 Available on: https://ajner.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-12-1-26
1. Shereen MA, Khan S, Kazmi A, Bashir N, Siddique R. COVID-19 infection: Origin, transmission, and characteristics of human coronaviruses.
2. Maunder R., Hunter J., Vincent L., Bennett J., Peladeau N., Leszcz M. The immediate psychological and occupational impact of the 2003 SARS outbreak in a teaching hospital. CMAJ. 2003; 168:1245 –1251. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar].
3. Depoux A., Martin S., Karafillakis E., Bsd R.P., Wilder-Smith A., Larson H. The pandemic of social media panic travels faster than the COVID-19 outbreak. J Trav Med. 2020 taaa031. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
4. Teresa herbert, National survey on covid 19 pandemic shows significant mental health impact, July 1 ,2020 email@example.com
5. Huang Y, Zhao N. Generalized anxiety disorder, depressive symptoms and sleep quality during COVID-19 epidemic in China: a web-based cross-sectional survey. MedRxiv. 2020; 288:112954.
6. Hall RC, Hall RC, Chapman MJ. The 1995 Kikwit Ebola outbreak: lessons hospitals and physicians can apply to future viral epidemics. Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2008;30(5):446–52.
7. Xiang Y-T, Yang Y, Li W, Zhang L, Zhang Q, Cheung T, et al. Timely mental health care for the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak is urgently needed. Lancet Psychiatry. 2020;7(3):228–9.
8. Kaufman KR, Petkova E, Bhui KS, Schulze TG. A global needs assessment in times of a global crisis: world psychiatry response to the COVID-19 pandemic. BJPsych Open. 2020;6:e48. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
9. Souvik dubey, Payel biswas, Diabetes and metabolic syndrome clinical research and reviews, 11 may 2020
10. Louay Labban*, Nasser Thallaj and Abear Labban, Assessing the Level of Awareness and Knowledge of COVID 19 Pandemic among Syrians, https://www.archivesofmedicine.com
11. Autumn Kujawa (Vanderbilt University), Exposure to COVID-19 Pandemic Stress: Associations with Depression and Anxiety in Emerging Adults in the U.S.” was published online on June 29.
12. Ahmad A, Mueller C, Tsamakis KCovid-19 pandemic: a public and global mental health opportunity for social transformation BMJ2020;369:m1383.doi:10.1136/bmj.m1383pmid:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/32253252