Author(s): Satish Sanap

Email(s): satishsanap555@gmail.com

DOI: 10.5958/2349-2996.2020.00003.8   

Address: Mr. Satish Sanap
Nursing Tutor, Gokhale Education Society’s Sir Dr. M.S. Gosavi Institute of Nursing Education, Training and Research, Nashik
*Corresponding Author

Published In:   Volume - 10,      Issue - 1,     Year - 2020


ABSTRACT:
Background: Cerebrovascular accident are the second leading cause of death. Stroke is a rising problem in the developing world. With the advancing life expectancy of people in developing countries, the importance of ischemic stroke will grow as a worldwide problem. Worldwide about 20 million people suffer from stroke each year. 5 million will die as a consequence and 15 million will survive, of those who survive 5 million will be disabled by their stroke. Thus the investigator intendent to conduct the study with the objective of evaluating clinico-investigative profile and treatment outcome of cerebrovascular accident patients admitted at Pravara Rural Hospital, Loni (Bk) Maharashtra. Objective: 1. Assess the clinico-investigative profile and treatment outcome of cerebro-vascular accident patients. 2. Correlate the clinico-investigative profile and treatment outcome with their clinical variables. Methodology: A descriptive study design with cross sectional survey approach was used. The data was collected from 50 patients who are admitted with diagnosis of cerebrovascular accident from Pravara rural hospital, Loni. The Proforma was used for data collection. Results: The results of the study revealed that most (68%) of the cerebrovascular accident patients under study was males and remaining (32%) were females, Majority (66%) of them had mild cerebrovascular accident and (34%) had moderate cerebrovascular accident, More than (76%) had cerebrovascular accident due to advancing age and more than half of the patient had cerebrovascular accident due to (62%) patients had a history of Smoking and (26%) patients had a history of Alcoholism and due to other co-morbid illness like hypertension, diabetes and heart diseases. It was evident from the results that (100%) cerebrovascular accident patients had good recovery. Conclusion: The study findings have shown that cerebrovascular accident were common among old age with male predominance. Majority of them had mild cerebrovascular accident and had moderate cerebrovascular accident, Majority of them had cerebrovascular accident due to advancing age and more than half of the patient had cerebrovascular accident due to patients had a history of Smoking and patients had a history of Alcoholism. It was evident from the results that most of the cerebrovascular accident patients had good recovery as patient under study were managed with comprehensive medical, surgical and nursing interventions.


Cite this article:
Satish Sanap. Assess the Clinico-investigative Profile and Treatment Outcome of Cerebro-vascular Accident (CVA) Patient’s admitted in Pravara Rural Hospital, Loni (Bk), Dist. Ahmadnagar. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2020; 10(1):09-14. doi: 10.5958/2349-2996.2020.00003.8


Recomonded Articles:

Author(s): Nidhin Abraham, Janet Mathias, Sheela Williams

DOI:         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): Mridula Das, Barkha Devi, Ranjita Devi, Sangay Doma Bhutia

DOI:         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): Savitha. A, Nalini. M, Roopalatha Shetty, Aruni. G., Sukesh. P

DOI:         Access: Open Access Read More

Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research (AJNER) is an international, peer-reviewed journal devoted to nursing sciences....... Read more >>>

RNI: Not Available                     
DOI: 10.5958/2349-2996 

Popular Articles


Recent Articles




Tags