Women who have had a mastectomy for breast cancer have to cope with two major problems: first, that they have cancer, and second, that they have lost their physical appearance. The provision of an appropriate prosthesis breast forms, have an opportunity to choose between then, and to be satisfied with their choice. After mastectomy, the provision of an appropriate breast prosthesis help to improve body image and quality of life and reduce associated emotional distress.
Cite this article:
Anishya. A, Santhi Appavu. External Breast Prosthesis for Post Mastectomy Women. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2021; 11(3):427-0. doi: 10.52711/2349-2996.2021.00103
Anishya. A, Santhi Appavu. External Breast Prosthesis for Post Mastectomy Women. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2021; 11(3):427-0. doi: 10.52711/2349-2996.2021.00103 Available on: https://ajner.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-11-3-30
1. Mastectomy form Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Available from https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastectomy
2. Jetha Z.A et al (2017) Women experience of using external breast prosthesis after mastectomy. Asio-Pasific Journal of Oncology Nursing. Vol 4. Issue 3.
3. External Breast Prostheses, from Cancer Australia. Available from https://www.canceraustralia.gov.au/affected-cancer-types/breast-cancer/external-breast-prostheses
4. Breast Prostheses from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Available from https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breast-Prosthese
5. The importance of wearing Breast Prosthesis, from medisiamedic. Available from https://medisiamedic.com/importance-wearing-breast-prosthesis/
6. Breast Prostheses. From Cancer Council Victoria. Available from https://www.cancer Vic.org.au/living-with-Cancer/common-side-effects/breast-prostheses-and-reconstruction/ breast-prosthesis-froms.html
7. Choosing a Prosthesis After Breast Cancer Surgery. From HealthlinkBC. Available from https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-topics/abk42220
8. Prosthesis styles. From breast cancer now. Available from https://breastcancernow.org/information-support/facing-cancer/living-beyond-breast-Cancer/your-body/breast-prosthesis/types-breast-prosthesis
9. Breast Prosthestics, from scheckandsiress. Available from https://www.scheckandsiress.com/products-services/post-mastectomy-care/
10. Balance your body with Breast Prosthesis, from artificial eye co. Available from http://www.artificaleyeco.com/breast-prosthesis.php