Samruddhi A. Awasare, Sonali Waghmare
Samruddhi A. Awasare1*, Mrs. Sonali Waghmare2
1Clinical Instructor, Kasturba Nursing College, Sevagram, Wardha.
2Lecturer, Kasturba Nursing College, Sewagram, Wardha.
Volume - 10,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2020
The morning of February 1837 walking around the Embely park Wellow, fighting the high tides of her thoughts a young girl hears a voice coming from the silences of the garden, the voice spoke to her about a divine ministry. ministry to serve the sick by relieving them of their physical sufferings and young Florence was convinced that she had a calling to serve the sick and care for them mentioning this event to her elder sister Parthenope she writes “God called me in the morning and asked me would I do good for him alone without reputation”.her calling determined her to undergo a medical training for four months at Kaiserwerth-am-Rhein. with a least knowledge of the evolution she was about to bring destiny drove Florence to Selimiye Barracks in Istanbul. Where she gained a face of recognition for nursing and no one of us is unaware of the service she gave in the Crimean war, where she gained the persona of ‘The Lady with the Lamp’ she had future predictions or vision for this call as a profession. as we observe the entire year 2020 as the international year of nursing at the sudden outbreak of the pandemic covid-19. it gives us a greater opportunity to looking back into the background we can say that nursing wasn’t a discovery of an hour but an evolving and dynamic vocation.
Cite this article:
Samruddhi A. Awasare, Sonali Waghmare. Florence Nightingale: The Crimean war and Covid-19 senate. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2020; 10(4):492-494. doi: 10.5958/2349-2996.2020.00105.6
Samruddhi A. Awasare, Sonali Waghmare. Florence Nightingale: The Crimean war and Covid-19 senate. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2020; 10(4):492-494. doi: 10.5958/2349-2996.2020.00105.6 Available on: https://ajner.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-10-4-23
1. Florence Ns. influence on nursing https://oaapn.org> 2015/05
2. Nightingales vision for nursing in 2020 nursology.net
3. Resource.nurse.com imagine if Florence lived today
4. Inusercoach.com Florence Nightingale: her legacy for 21st century
5. https://www.researchgate.net Florence nightingale: Appreciation or legacy, envisioning our future
6. https://ligguides.bolton.ac.uk the legacy of Florence in 2020
7. https://www.nursingcenter.com Remembering Florence Nightingale
8. https;//www.semanticscholer.org Using systems thinking to envision quality and safety in health.
9. qsen.org Using system thinking to envision quality and safety in health care.
10. https://www.scielor.br Florence nightiangle review of the review litreture
11. https://books.google.co.in Florence nightiangle at first hand vision, power legacy.
12. https://mywellfamily.com 2020 the year of the reimgied Nurse.
13. https://books.google.co.in The nurses calling: A Christian spritullity of caring for the sick.
14. https://worldin.ecomisit.com Florence nightiangle and the changing face of nursing
15. https://www.nurseszone.in Association of registered nurses of new foundland and larador.