Usha Vadhel, Archana Reddy, Jeenath Justin Doss K
Ms. Usha Vadhel, Mrs. Archana Reddy, Dr. Jeenath Justin Doss K
Shri Anand Institute of Nursing, Opp. Ghanteshwar Park, B/H Shainik Society, Jamnagar Road, Rajkot- 360006.
Volume - 11,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2021
A study to evaluate the effectivness of structured teaching program on smoking hazards in terms of knowledge among adolescent boys in a selected colleges at Rajkot. (a) The objectives of the study was to assess the level of knowledge regarding smoking hazards among college students. (b) To evaluate the effectiveness of structured teaching program on smoking hazards. (c) To find out the association between pretest knowledge score with there selected demographic variables. The research approach selected for the study was quantitative research one group pretest post test design. The study conducted at selected colleges at Rajkot. Total 60 sample selected from colleges at Rajkot setting based on non probability convenient sampling. The researcher used structured questionnaires for data collection regarding demographic variables and pre test. As part of my intervention structured teaching program on smoking hazards was carried out among adolescents boys in study in college at Rajkot setting the post test score was measured with same questionnaires after 7 days. The collected data were analyzed by using inferential statistical method. T test was used to evaluate the effectiveness of structured teaching program on thee knowledge regarding smoking hazards among adolescent’s boys. the effective of STP on knowledge regarding the smoking hazards among adolescents boys the pre test mean 14.91 and post test mean 21.5, the mean difference is 6.59 and the standard deviation pre test 4.10 and post test 3.05 obtaind. “ t “ value is 11.57** with degree of free do 59 (P=2.00) highly significant at 0.05 level of significance.Hence STP is an effective source of imparting knowledge.
Cite this article:
Usha Vadhel, Archana Reddy, Jeenath Justin Doss K. A Study to Evaluate the Effectivness of Structured teaching program on smoking hazards in terms of Knowledge among Adolescent boys in a selected Colleges at Rajkot. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2021; 11(1):145-147. doi: 10.5958/2349-2996.2021.00037.9
1. Nancy, H. et al. (2001). Adolescent cigarette smoking and health risk behaviors Journals of Pediatric Nursing, NO3, June 2001.Vol 16.
2. Bhanji, S. et al. (2011). Factors related to knowledge and perception of women about smoking: a cross sectional study from a developing country. Retrieved from www.biomedcentral.com/ 1472-6874/11/16
3. Prasad, D.S. et al. (2009). Smoking and cardiovascular health: a review of the epidemiology, pathogenesis, prevention and control of tobacco. Indian J Med Sci.; 63(11):520-33
4. Oberg, M. et al (2011). Worldwide burden of disease from exposure to second- hand smoke: a retrospective analysis of data from 192 countries.L139 Retrieved from: http:// www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21112082
5. Nisar, N. et al. (2007). A community based study about knowledge and practices rearding Tobacco consumption and passive smoking in Gadap Town .Krarchi.p;186-8. http://www.nlm.nih.gov
6. NICE.(2013)Tobacco: harm-reduction approaches to smoking. Retrieved from:http://www.Harmreductionjournal.com/conten
7. Jamrozik, K.et al. (200). Estimate of deaths attributable to passive smoking among UK Adults. Data Base Analysis. BMJ. 330:812.