Author(s): Mahesh M. Rebinal

Email(s): mahesh_72mah@yahoo.com

DOI: Not Available

Address: Mr. Mahesh M. Rebinal
Assistant Professor, P.D. Bharatesh College of Nursing, Halaga, Belgaum Karnataka
*Corresponding Author

Published In:   Volume - 4,      Issue - 4,     Year - 2014


ABSTRACT:
Body restraints are usually used as a final measure. Providing nursing care is difficult. There is often a need to completely restrain children for special procedure. This can be done in several ways. Nurse’s judgment is critical in the implementation of restraint that is sufficient to protect the individual without violating the persons right. Using restraints is an emotion –laden experience; nurse must be aware of the feelings that may cause error of over restraining or under restraining. Objective: The aim of the study was to identify the effectiveness of the information booklet in the improvement of knowledge and skill of the 3rd year B.Sc. nursing students regarding restraints and its use for children. Research hypothesis: There is a significant difference in the knowledge and skill of the 3rd year B.Sc. nursing students on restraints and its use for children who have attended the information booklet and demonstration. Methodology: The research approach for this study was an evaluative and an educative approach. The research design adopted for this study was quasi-experimental design for assessing the knowledge and skill of the 3rd year B.Sc. nursing students regarding restraints and its use for children. The probability sampling which includes simple random sampling technique by using lottery method was utilized for the selection of the subjects, which includes a sample of 72 3rd year B.Sc. nursing students were selected for the study by allotting identification number (E1, E2, E3…) through lottery method after following the name list of students according to the alphabetical order as written in the attendance register. Result: The result of this study shows that overall pre-test knowledge of the 3rd year B.Sc. nursing students regarding restraints and its use for children was 58.6 %.Results shows that overall post-test knowledge of the 3rd year B.Sc. Nursing students regarding restraints and its use for children was 84.6 %. The difference between pre-test knowledge score and post-test knowledge score of the third year B.Sc. nursing students regarding restraints and its use for children was 26.0% (84.6 %. - 58.6 %).So the significant difference in knowledge score was due to information booklet. The net benefit of information booklet was 26.0%.The overall skill score of the 3rd year B.Sc. nursing students on each aspect of observation check-list of restraints and its use for children after the information booklet and demonstration was 84.6 %. Study results shows that all (n=72) students are having adequate (obtained marks 11-15) skill score after the demonstration of restraints and its use for children.


Cite this article:
Mahesh M. Rebinal. Restraints and Its Use for Children. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research 4(4): Oct.- Dec., 2014; Page 472-480.


Recomonded Articles:

Author(s): Hepsi Bai J

DOI:         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): Nidhin Abraham, Janet Mathias, Sheela Williams

DOI:         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): Mridula Das, Barkha Devi, Ranjita Devi, Sangay Doma Bhutia

DOI:         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): Mahadeva Prasad N.S., Dorothy Deena Theodore

DOI: 10.5958/2349-2996.2016.00028.8         Access: Open Access Read More

Author(s): S. Shakila, S. Rajasankar, N. Kokilavani

DOI: 10.5958/2349-2996.2015.00062.2         Access: Open Access Read More

Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research (AJNER) is an international, peer-reviewed journal devoted to nursing sciences....... Read more >>>

RNI: Not Available                     
DOI: 10.5958/2349-2996 

Popular Articles


Recent Articles




Tags