Introduction: Swine influenza is a respiratory diseases of pigs caused by type A influenza viruses that cause regular outbreak in pigs, Swine flu viruses have been reported to spread from person to person but in the past, this transmission was limited and not sustained beyond 3 people. Objective: To assess the knowledge regarding swine flu among I year GNM in Nootan college of nursing, Visnagar. To evaluate effectiveness of planned teaching on knowledge regarding swine flu among students of I year GNM in Nootan college of nursing, Visnagar. To find the association between pretest knowledge of swine flu and demographic variables. Hypothesis: H1: There will be increase in knowledge regarding swine flu among students of I year GNM in Nootan college of nursing, by conducting planned teaching” Design: A Quasi experimental one group pre-test post-test design was used. Participation: 50 students of I year GNM in Nootan college of nursing were selected using Non – probability Convenient sampling techniques in Visnagar of Mehsana District. Intervention: Assessed the level of knowledge and given planned teaching on Swine flu. Tool: 25 Structured questioners was used to assess the level of knowledge among students. Results: ‘T’ test value is 3.44. This value is significant at p < 0.001 level. This indicates that there was significant association between socio-economic status and level of knowledge on swine flu among I year students of GNM. Conclusion: Majority of students had adequate level of knowledge regarding Swine flu.
Cite this article:
Het Patel. A study to assess the effectiveness of planned teaching on knowledge regarding Swine Flu among I year GNM students in Nootan College of Nursing. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2020; 10(3): 347-350. doi: 10.5958/2349-2996.2020.00074.9
1. C.R. Kothari, Text Book of Research and Methodology, 1st edition. Jabalpur, Jaypee Brother Medical Publishers, 2005, Page. No. 326-328.
2. B.T Basavanthappa, Text Book of Nursing Research, New Delhi, Jaypee Brothers, 1998, Page. No. 42-46.
3. Polit, Text Book of Nursing Research Principles and Methods, 5th edition. Philadelphia, J.B. Lippincott Company, 1995 , Page. No - 42.
4. Kamala S, Text book of Essentials in Community Health Nursing Practice,1st edition, New Delhi, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers, 2005, Page No.422-432.
5. Stanhope, Text Book of Community Health Nursing, 1stedition, Philadelphia Mosby Publishers, 2004,Page No. 257-288.
6. K. Park, Text Book of Preventive and Social Medicine, 19th edition, New Delhi, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers, 2009, Page No. 250-254.
7. Neil Blocut,Text book of Health Promotion at the Community level, 2ndedition, California, California Publications,1990, Page. No 204-206.
8. Feigin, Text book of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Philadelphia, Lippincott Company, 2004, Page. No. 2783-2795.
9. George J B, Textbook of Nursing theories the Base for Professional Practice 5th edition, New Delhi, Mosby, Publishers, 2002 Page No. 54-59.