A study was conducted to assess the knowledge and attitude on computer utilisation among staff nurses. Descriptive design was used for the study. Convenient sampling technique was used and 20 staff nurses were selected for the study. A self-developed questionnaire to assess the knowledge on computer usability and a standard questionnaire to assess the attitude on computer usability was administered. The data was analysed using descriptive and inferential statistics. The study revealed that the majority of the staff nurses possessed adequate knowledge and positive attitude towards computer utilization.
Cite this article:
Regupriya. M. A Study to assess the Knowledge and Attitude on Computer utilization among staff nurses at selected Hospital, Coimbatore. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2021; 11(1):53-55. doi: 10.5958/2349-2996.2021.00013.6
1. Pocklington, D., and Baron, J., Symposium on computer in nursing. The nursing clinics of North America, W.B. Saunders Company Philadelphia: 1985: 20(#) 557-567.
2. Liu, J.E., Pothiban, L., Luz and Khamphosiri, T. Computer Knowledge, attitudes and skills of nurses in people's Hospital of Beijing Medical university, Computers in Nursing. 2000 18 ($) 197-206.
3. Timmons S: Nurses Resisting Information Technology. 2003, 10 (4): 257-269.
4. McBride SH, Nagle LM: Attitudes toward computers. A test of construct validity. Comput Nurs. 2011, 14: 164-170.
5. Kaya N: Factors affecting nurses’ attitudes toward computers in healthcare… Reprinted from Kaya N. Factors affecting nurses’ attitudes toward computers in healthcare. Cin Comput Inform Nurs. 2011, 29 (2): 121-129.
6. Brumini G, Koviæ I, Zombori D, Luliæ I: Nurses’ Attitudes towards Computers: Cross Sectional Questionnaire Study. 2003, 101-104.
7. V.N. Sayankar, M.K. Kale. To Study the Reduction in Time for Use of Computers in Quality Control System. Asian J. Management. 2(3): July-Sept., 2011 page 94-97.
8. Manohar D. Kengar, Asha M. Jagtap, Akshata S. Gavade, Ganesh B. Vambhurkar, Mangesh A. Bhutkar. Computer-Based Marketing Analysis: A Review. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2018; 8(4): 259-266.