Internet addiction disorder also is known as problematic internet use or pathological internet use is generally defined as problematic, compulsive use of the internet, that result in significant impairment in an individual’s function in various life domains over a prolonged period of time. Problematic computer use is a growing social issue which is being debated worldwide. Internet addiction disorder ruins lives by causing neurological complication, psychological disturbances, and social problems. RESULT: The comparative study to assess the level of Internet Addiction level among nursing students were selected 470 samples of nursing students in which 235 samples were from Bsc Nursing students and 235 were from GNM students. The result shows that internet addiction is more in BSC nursing students than GNM nursing students. CONCLUSION: In this comparative study, we were found that the Internet addiction level was more among BSC nursing students than GNM nursing students.
Cite this article:
Senthil Thirusangu, Abhishek Kumar, Akansha, Akansha Yadav, Anju Kumari, Arpana Mishra, Subhi Shakya, Tushar Patel. A Comparative Study to Assess the Level of Internet Addiction Among B.Sc. Nursing and GNM Students at Rama College of Nursing Kanpur with a view to Develop Information Booklet. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2020; 10(3): 351-359. doi: 10.5958/2349-2996.2020.00075.0
Senthil Thirusangu, Abhishek Kumar, Akansha, Akansha Yadav, Anju Kumari, Arpana Mishra, Subhi Shakya, Tushar Patel. A Comparative Study to Assess the Level of Internet Addiction Among B.Sc. Nursing and GNM Students at Rama College of Nursing Kanpur with a view to Develop Information Booklet. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2020; 10(3): 351-359. doi: 10.5958/2349-2996.2020.00075.0 Available on: https://ajner.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-10-3-23
1. Internet world stats: World internet users and population statistics, 30 june, 2017. (last accessed on 2017 Oct 01).
2. Young KS, case CJ internet abuse in the workplace: new trends in risk management. Cyberpsychol behave 2004,7:105-11.
4. Liu T, Potenza MN. Problematic internet use: clinical implication. CNS spectr 2007;12:453-66.(PUBMED)
5. Soule L, shell W, kleen B, exploring internet addiction: demographic characteristics and stereotypes of heavy internet users. JComputinfsyst 2002;44:64-73.
6. Young KS, Rogers RC. The relationship between depression and internet addiction. Cyberpsychol behave 1998; 1:25-8
7. Young KS. Internet addiction: A new clinical phenomenon and its consequences. Am Behavsci 2004;48:402-5
8. Liu JY, the relationship between college student internet use and loneliness. Chin J clin psycho 2004;12:286-7.
9. Arvindshramal , rupeshsahul, pradeepkumarkasari, richa shrama2 et al available at internet addiction among professional courses student ej manager, www.ejmanager.com /mnstemps/67/67-1400998592.pdf
10. Courtwright TD, Social media and compulsive share, addictive traits; Experts say Newsweek magazine; 12 June, 2019,
11. Gregory C Internet PSYCOM May 22, 2019 https://www.psycom. Net/ aid criteria html.
12. Global conference on addiction medicine and Behavioural health, august22, 2019.https:// addiction behavioural-conferences Magnus group. Org/Scientifics.
13. Danger effect of IA: //www addiction.com.medical review 2018 https:// www addiction.com/ internet-dangerous-effects-internet addiction/.
14. Risky Business: Internet Addiction Mental Health America https://www. Mental health America.net
15. Campbell Denis, Children aged five under at risk of Internet Addiction Barth rods; The Guardian June 11, 2019 https:// www the guardian.com/society 2019/June/11/children aged five and under at risk of internet addiction.
16. Lumpurk, Tackink Internet addiction, The Star online 12, Dec, 2018. Https: // www. The star. Com / my/opinion / letter/2018/12/12/tacking internet addiction.
17. Blum, k; Cull, J.G; Braverman, E.R; Comings, D.E. Reward Deficiency Syndrome .Am. Sci. 1996, 84, 132-145.
18. Nilbink A teens and internet addiction Talbot recovery cifed 2019 available from https:// talboffcamper.com
19. Clurg MC, IS internet addiction real NPR. may18, 201 available https://www.npr.org
20. There are cannot log off? Might be a social media addict thrives global Feb6, 2010. Available https://their global.com
21. Anderson E.L, Steen, Stavropoulos V (2017) internet use and problematic internet use: A systemic review of longitudinal research trends in adolescence and emerging adulthood. International journal of adolescence and youk 22(4) 430-454.
22. Gaming disorder WHO, September 2018 https://www.who.@
23. Seong K, young HS, yun CJ, internet addiction and psychiatric symptom among korean adolescents
24. There are cannot log off. Might be a social media addict, their global Feb6 2010 https//.their global.com
25. Andercon, E.L Steen, Stavropoulos V (2017) internet use and problematic internet use : A longitudinal research trend in adolescence and emergent adulthood” International journal of adolescence and youth 22 (4): 430-454
26. Lexico.com https://www.lexico.com/en/