Introduction: Tuberculosis is an infectious disease spread by person to person at all age and sex group. Tuberculosis is regarded as one of the highest burden among communicable disease. One third of the world’s population is already infected with the tuberculosis bacterium. By 2020 an estimated 200 million of these would contract tuberculosis would be about 35 million death amount that unless the infection rate is halted. This situation is especially challenging in Asia, the Middle East and Africa where there is a relatively high incidence of Tuberculosis A quasi experimental study to assess the effectiveness of planned teaching program on” A study to assess the effectiveness of planned teaching program regarding knowledge of tuberculosis among adult in Ghogha Area of Bhavnagar City. Objectives:1. Assess the adult knowledge in the pre-test administration of planned teaching programme. 2. Assess the adult knowledge in the post-test administration of planned teaching programme. 3. To compare the effectiveness of planned teaching programme by comparing pre-test and post-test knowledge score on tuberculosis among adult. H0: The mean post-test knowledge on tuberculosis will be significantly more than mean pre-test knowledge among adult. H1: There will be significant associated between the post-test knowledge of adult regarding tuberculosis and selected demographic variable. Design: In the present study “One group pretest–posttest design” was used. Participants: Adult people (20-40 year) of selected area of Bhavnagar Tool: Structured knowledge Questionnaires used to assess the level of knowledge among adult in Ghogha Area of Bhavnagar City. Results: The study finding revealed that in post-test nobody have poor knowledge score (1-5), of people in post-test of experimental group were having sub average knowledge score (6-10), Of people in post-test of experimental group were having average knowledge score (11-15), of people in post-test of experimental group were having good knowledge score (16-20). Conclusion: The various findings of the study show that the knowledge regarding tuberculosis among Adult people has been improved through planned teaching program.
Cite this article:
Iram Khan. A study to assess the effectiveness of planned Teaching Programme regarding knowledge and prevention of Tuberculosis among adult in ghogha area of Bhavnagar city. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2020; 10(3): 343-346. doi: 10.5958/2349-2996.2020.00073.7
1. K.K. Gulani, "Community Health Nursing", 2nd edition, Neelam Kumara, P.No: 409-412.
2. I Clement, "Basic Concept of Community Health Nursing", Jaypee Publication, 2nd edition, P.No: 331-353.
3. Sunita Patney “Text Book of Community Health Nursing”, 1st Edition, CBC Publishers, P.No: 301-311.
4. BT Basvanthappa, “Community Health Nursing”, Jaypee Brother Publication, 2nd edition, P.No: 713-726.
5. S. Kamalam, “Essential in Community Nursing Practice”, 2nd edition Jaypee Brother Publication, P.No: 72, 82, 213, 533, 540.
6. I Clement, “Manual of Community Health Nursing” 1st edition2012, Jaypee Publication, P.No: 170-172.
7. B. Sridhar Rao, “Community Health Nursing” 2nd edition, AITBS Publisher, P.No: 204-213.
8. LippinCott, “Manual of Community Health Nursing Practices, 9th edition, Wolter Klumar Publication, P.No: 297-303.
9. Brunner & Siddharth‟s, “Text Book of Medical Surgical Nursing”, 11th Edition Volume-1, Wolterskluwer, Publication, P.No: 643-650
10. BT Basvanthappa, “Medical Surgical Nursing” 2nd edition, Jaypee Brother Publication, P.No: 309-312.
11. NeelamKumari, 1st Edition-2005, P.No: 402-403
12. Javed Ansari, “Medical Surgical Nursing” Edition 2011, P.No: 598-607
14. http://www.doh.gov.za/tb/docs/ntcp guidlines.pdf