Vinay Kumar G, Usha N S, Nandish M P
Mr. Vinay Kumar G1, Mrs. Usha N S2, Mrs. Nandish M P2
1Principal, JSS School of Nursing, Chamarajanagara.
2Nursing tutor, JSS School of Nursing, Chamarajanagara.
Volume - 10,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2020
Objective: To assess the knowledge about anemia among the women of reproductive age (18-45years) Methodology: Questionnaire on demographic proforma. Knowledge about anemia was used to collect the data. An explorative descriptive method has been adopted and 90 women were selected for the study using simple random sampling technique. Result: Result of the study revealed that 42.22%of women have good knowledge, 33.33% of women have average knowledge and 24.44% of women have low knowledge about anemia. Conclusion: The reproductive age women in this region have good knowledge about anemia and its prevention but lack of practices also contribute to high prevalence of anemia.
Cite this article:
Vinay Kumar G, Usha N S, Nandish M P. A Study to assess knowledge about Anemia among the women (18-45years) at rural area of Mysore District. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2020; 10(4):471-473. doi: 10.5958/2349-2996.2020.00100.7
Vinay Kumar G, Usha N S, Nandish M P. A Study to assess knowledge about Anemia among the women (18-45years) at rural area of Mysore District. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2020; 10(4):471-473. doi: 10.5958/2349-2996.2020.00100.7 Available on: https://ajner.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-10-4-18
1. World health organization. The world health report 2002: Reducing risks, promoting healthy life. Geneva: world health Organization: 2002.
2. World health organization. WHO report? Word prevalence of anemia 1993-2005. WHO global database on anemia. Geneva, Switzerland: world health Organization: 2008.
3. International institute of population service (IIPS), “National family health survey (NFHS-3)”.2007, http://rchiips.Org/nfhs/ NFHS-3%20data/vol-1/india_volume-I_Corrected_17Oct08.pdf
4. Park. K, textbook of preventive and social medicine, 21st edition, M/S banarsidas publishers.
5. https://WWW.Who.int/vmnis/anameia/prevalence/Summary/anaemia_data_status_t2/en/(cited on 17/03/2020 at 11.30am).
7. (cited on17/3/20 at 12.00 pm). Simon, Peter, Donald. Hook worm related anaemia among women: A systematic review: Journal of PLOS neglected tropical disease 2(9):291.
8. https://WWW.indexmundi.com/facts/india/prevalence_of_anaemia(cited on 15/03/2020).
9. https://WWW.ncbi.n/m.nih.gov/pmc/articles/pmc4928413/ (cited on 18/03/2020).
10. https://WWW.hindawi.com/Journals/anaemia/2018/7123976/ (cited on18/03/2020).
11. https://WWW.pragatipublication.com/assets/uploads/doc/69157-113-120.16045.pdf(cited on 14/03/2020).
12. https://WWW.Researchgate.net/publications/313797507_knowledge_and_self_reported_practices_on_prevention_of_iron_deficiency_anaemia_among_women_of_reproductive_age_in_rural_area (cited on 18/03/2020).